Pre-School Certified Teacher
Pre-School Certified Teacher
This Position is "OPEN UNTIL FILLED"
Contact: Carrie Somnis - Coordinator - Infomration Below
Title: Pre-School Teacher
Department: School Site
Supervised by: Superintendent or Designee
Work Year: Assigned by Superintendent
Job Purpose Statement:
To develop and implement preschool curriculum for young children between the ages of 3 and 5 with a focus on Kindergarten readiness. To provide a safe, emotionally secure environment for the healthy development of young children. To demonstrate knowledge of child development and use of various teaching approaches appropriate for the children.
Job Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- AA/BA/BS Degree in Early Childhood Education Preferred
- Prefer minimum of one-year experience in a pre-school (infant/toddler) classroom.
- Meet North Central Education Service District OPK/Head Start Guidelines
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance
- CDA/Oregon Registry Online (Step 8) or TSPC
- Valid Driver’s License and evidence of insurability
- Within 30 days of employment must be Pediatric CPR & First Aid Certified
- Oregon Food Handlers Card
- Successfully pass district background screening
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough, current knowledge in the fields of Early Childhood Education and Child Development.
- Proficiency in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum that is based on the most current early childhood education and child development research.
- Proficiency in developing and maintaining a nurturing, safe, and healthy environment that promotes social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development of children.
- Ability to create a rich learning environment and use sound guidance and discipline, and instructional practices appropriate for the preschool child.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility in working with children, parents, and staff.
- Computer literate, sufficient to use software such as email application, word processing, spreadsheets, and data bases to produce correspondence, documents, and reports as required by the position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question and investigate.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Maintain effective classroom management at all times.
- Plan and supervise class field trips, guest speakers, and other experiential activities that help engage students.
- Provide care and supervision for children in a variety of settings including snack time, toileting, indoor and outdoor play.
- Order supplies needed for class projects and prepare materials and classroom for class activities. Be responsible for the supervision and scheduling of parent volunteers.
- Organize and attend fundraising events and other meetings as scheduled.
- Continually evaluate students and their levels and abilities as well as maintaining individual student portfolios with work samples and skills checklists.
- Keep accurate records of all students.
- Promote the development of parent skills, in their role as prime educator of their children.
- Plan and execute home visits to develop the teaching skills of parents.
- Maintain children’s files in accordance with set standards.
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences twice a year.
- Maintain a successful working relationship with parents, school administrator, and staff.
- Prepare monthly reports accurately and by deadlines.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General